Thursday 17 March 2011

Elfin helpers

Really, when you're working with lots of small, fiddly delicate little pieces of things, a fifteen month year old is just a slight liability.

This morning my son helpfully took apart the basket I made yesterday.

Also, it's quite hard doing this kind of work with a Boo underfoot. Normally I'd work intensely sorry did someone say obsessively? on an animation while barely looking up to eat/converse/breathe. This time round I'm having to do furious little bursts of activity when Boo is napping.

Having said that, while looking after a Small, there are long stretches of time during which I have nothing particularly taxing to occupy my mind. These open, empty times are often when the brain unwinds and plays around and comes up with the best ideas.

Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment